Dodge Cummins 5.9L Remote Mount BD Performance Exhaust Brake, 4 inch
*The remote mount brake is ideal where an aftermarket performance turbo will not allow a turbo mount exhaust brake.
BD Exhaust Brakes enable your diesel to navigate downhill grades and steep terrain easier and safer. This will increase the life of the service brakes and prevent brake fade under severe-grade driving.
The factory-approved back pressure provides the retarding horsepower to slow down the vehicle on even the steepest grades, or just for a highway off-ramp. The exhaust flow is not restricted when the stainless butterfly is open.
The kits come with a lighted toggle switch for mounting on the dash. The brake releases as soon as the throttle is applied or the switch is flipped off.
As with other BD designs, the back pressure is self-regulating. Once the pressure reaches specification, the butterfly position changes to maintain the highest pressure possible. The variable orifice design retards better through the engine rpm range when compared to a fixed orifice design that only offers peak retarding at peak rpm.
- BD’s exclusive Variable Orifice Technology
- BD’s solid, offset butterfly
- Spring loaded cylinder
- Pressure regulation
- Provides up to 150 retarding HP through the engine’s RPM range
- Rugged, cast-iron housings
- BD’s exclusive alumibronze bushing
- Piston ring-seals
- Stainless steel butterfly shaft
- Proven to stand-up under the harsh, high heat conditions of the exhaust
- All mounting hardware is stainless steel
- Includes air compressor
Fits 2003, 2004, 2005 Dodge Ram Cummins turbo dieselPart Number: 1027338